Eating Disorder Self Test
Ask yourself the questions below
If you think that you or someone you care about might have an eating disorder, take this quiz to learn if there is a problem.
-You've noticed a marked decrease or increase in weight that is not related to a medical condition.
- You've noticed a pre-occupation with food.
- You've noticed a pre-occupation with weight.
- You've noticed some unusual eating habits such as cutting up food into tiny pieces, playing with food, or hiding/disguising uneaten food.
- You've noticed large amounts of food hidden or hoarded in unusual places (i.e. bedroom, closet).
- You've noticed constant dissatisfaction with weight and body size/image despite weight loss, dress size, etc
- You've noticed frequent trips to the restroom, especially after meals.
- You've noticed the smell of vomit in the restroom or on the breath.
- You've noticed that comments about body shape, size, and physical appearance are negative and self-critical.
- You've noticed an excessive amount of exercise, or multiple, daily trips to the gym.
If you answered "yes" to three or more of these questions, then there is a chance that you or the person you care about has an eating disorder. If you answered "yes" to any five or more, you can feel safe in assuming that you or the person you care about needs help.